Time & Location
Oct 27, 2020, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
About the event
Finding Calm is a 5-week course that will help you to:
- Develop your own personal strategy tool-kit to combat overwhelm.
- Gain greater insight into the effects of the bushfires on your patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving.
- Identify emotions, where they come from, why they are there and what to do if they are troubling for you.
- Learn how to cultivate compassion for yourself – physically, mentally and emotionally.
- Learn how to respond effectively to your inner critic and reduce self-judgment.
- Learn how to be kind to yourself during times of overwhelm, when you need it the most.
- Learn how to foster self-acceptance and be intune with your internal self.
- Learn how to connect authentically with others.
- Learn the skills to help you embrace difficult emotions and build resilience.
- Learn practical skills in self-care and enhance your overall well being.
- Learn what stored stress does to the body and how to reduce stress
The content of the group will draw on a range of different evidence-based therapeutic interventions, including Cognitive and Behavioural interventions (CBT), Mindfulness and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). It will include a mix of instructive teaching and coursework, practical exercises, guided meditations and guided imagery and group discussion.
Eligibility: This group has been developed for Wollondilly and Windgecarabee residents
Location: Online via private Facebook Group
Dates: Starts Tuesday October 27th, 2020
Time: 4pm to 5pm
Group Facilitators: Vanessa Kmet, Local and Principal Psychologist - Well Lived Life Co.
Cost: This workshop is brought to the residents of Wollondilly and Windgecarabee at no cost thanks to Community Links Wellbeing.
Bookings: Only 8 spots available